A 27 year old intoxicated male presents giving little history, however he appears to have been assaulted and is complaining of some left sided chest pain.
What does the ultrasound show?
- Lung point in the presence of pneumothorax.
- The bright pleural line is well demonstrated.
- A lung point is seen between the moving, “living“, sliding lung on the right and the still, “dead” air of the pneumothorax, on the left of the image.
Related Clinical Cases
- Pneumothorax: Case 1 – Case 2 – Case 3
- Lung Point: Case 1 – Case 2 – Case 3 – Case 4
- COPD: Case 1 – Case 2
- Subcutaneous Emphysema: Case 1
- Lung Collapse: Case 1
LITFL Ultrasound Library