TechTool review – Triage ATS Pro by Clinician Development on iOS
The app is in quiz format and provides you with scenarios of patients presenting to ED. It’s your job to decide which Australian Triage Score they should get.
The design is nice and colourful and the app is very intuitive to navigate around. The text is clear and easy to read. I think the design is excellent.
There are over 800 triage scenarios in the app so plenty to keep you going.
You can choose from eight different quizzes for example: Paediatrics; 3 or 4 – You Decide; or Adults Only.
You then get tested on 25 scenarios and have 30 seconds to make a decision on the correct triage category for each one. Watching the clock count down adds to the pressure. If the quizzes are too stressful there’s a Practice section with no time pressure (although if that’s the case then perhaps triage isn’t for you).
You can track your quiz progress and compare yourself to others.
How much does it cost?
- $4.49 – a very fair price for a good amount of content
Room for improvement
- I’m struggling to find any major (or even minor) issues with the app itself
- The website should have info about the creators on it – it is always good to be transparent and it’s a simple thing to add
What’s the overall verdict?
- I can’t fault this app. It’s good fun, reasonably priced, pleasant to look at, and very educational.
- It successfully gamifies the art of triage.
- Although it’s aimed at nurses who triage patients, I’d recommend it for medical staff too. It helps everyone working in ED to understand how decisions are made around triage category. Great work by the developers