Toilet bowl cleaners in the United States tend to be acidic in nature so I chose the ‘Ty-D-Bol Man’ as our victim for this Caustic Ingestion flashcard.
A 5 year-old boy is ‘off his face’ after drinking what looked like a nice bottle of cordial. It was actually radiator coolant. You are called for advice.
A 3 year-old boy ingested 50 mg/kg elemental iron 2 hours ago. You are called for advice about the management of iron poisoning from a remote hospital.
Two chloroquine tablets have gone missing and the 2 year-old suspect is ‘keeping mum’ about it. Now what do you do? What if life-threatening toxicity occurs?
A 22 year old female is BIBA in status epileticus. She is believed to have overdosed on her discharge medications following a month long stay as an inpatient on the psychiatric ward.
Top 10 list of favorite ingested or inserted foreign bodies. Ingested or inserted foreign bodies are often best delineated with X-ray