Two ECGs are shown – ECG 1 and 2 are before and after his anti-arrhythmic drug treatment respectively.
|a.||Describe and interpret ECG 1||(50%)|
|b.||Describe and interpret ECG 2||(50%)|
FACEM VAQ Exam 2007.2 – Question 6
- Overall pass rate for this question was 37/77 (48.1%)
- ECG 1 showed a narrow complex tachycardia with widespread ST segment depression
- ECG 2 showed an ectopic atrial rhythm with 2:1 AV nodal conduction with almost complete resolution of the ST segment changes.
- The examiners felt that the ECGs were both of a suitable standard for this level of testing. ECG 1 was largely well completed by most candidates.
- Many candidates failed to identify the nodal block and the ectopic atrial focus.
ACEM Fellowship Visual Aid Questions