- Tommy Cooper
- On 15 April 1984, Cooper collapsed from a heart attack in front of millions of television viewers, midway through his act.
- Tommy Cooper collapsed backwards sitting on the stage, his assistant smiled at him as he collapsed, believing that it was a part of the act. Likewise, the audience gave “uproarious” laughter as he fell. [Reference]
- The boy, is this proof of selective hearing at an early age?
- Research in the UK is testing a new smoke alarm as industry standard alarms are failing to wake boys aged 2 to 13. It consists of a lower tone and a female voice. [Reference]
- Botulinum, whose up for some botox?
- See the reference link for the accompanying video from the BBC.
- Aspiration pneumonia
- Daily capsaicin supplementation resulted in a significant improvement in the upper protective respiratory reflexes in 50% of elderly people from a study in Japan. [Reference]
- However, caution should be advised before every nursing home starts growing the Carolina Reaper. 8 adults in China have suffered from cayenne aspiration requiring bronchoscopy. [PMC 4246992]
- Beri-Beri (the polished rice they ate contained no thiamine, vitamin B1). [Thaimine Reference]