- During anamnesis, the appearance of pain in the epigastric region or around the stomach at the beginning of disease with a subsequent shift to the right iliac region.
- How did the eponym come to be
- Did they first describe or popularise or plagiarise?
- Ivanov IuA. [Kocher-Volkovich symptom in patients with acute appendicitis] Khirurgiia (Mosk). 1982 Dec;(12):96-8. [PMID 7154570]
- Kozachinski RM. [Nikolai Markianovich Volkovich: his life & work; to the 100th anniversary of his birth]. Khirurgiia (Mosk). 1959 Jun;35(6):143-6. [PMID13665900]
- Novitski ST. [Nikolai Markianovich Volkovich, his life, activities and significance in surgery] Vestn Khir Im I I Grek. 1954 Mar;74(2):76-81. [PMID13169521]
LITFL Related Links
- Biographical Medical Eponyms – A-Z of eponymous medical pioneers
- Eponymictionary – Searchable Eponymictionary Database
- Medical Eponyms – A-Z of signs, syndromes, diseases and classifications
- Orthopaedic Eponyms – Eponymous orthopedic fractures and classifications
- Cardiac Eponyms – Eponymous cardiology collection