- Born 5 December 1887, Belfast
- 1910 – MB ChB BAO Belfast
- 1923 – FRCS Edinburgh
- 1946 – Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire – CBE
- Died 16 November 1949, London
Key Medical Attributions:
- More about medical contributions
- McMurray TP. The semilunar cartilages. Br J Surg, 1942;29: 407–414.
- Biography: McMurray, Thomas Porter (1887 – 1949). Plarr’s Lives of the Fellows Online. Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- Obituary: “THOMAS PORTER McMURRAY, C.B.E., M.Ch., F.R.C.S.” Bone & Joint Journal 31-B.4 (1949): 618-619.
- McFarland B. The life and work of Thomas Porter McMurray. Liverpool University Press 1958.
- Mostofi SB. Who’s Who in Orthopedics. Springer; pp229-230. 2005
LITFL Related Links
- Biographical Medical Eponyms – A-Z of eponymous medical pioneers
- Eponymictionary – Searchable Eponymictionary Database
- Medical Eponyms – A-Z of signs, syndromes, diseases and classifications
- Orthopaedic Eponyms – Eponymous orthopedic fractures and classifications
- Cardiac Eponyms – Eponymous cardiology collection