- Born 1883 New York City, USA.
- 1904 – Medical degree College of Physicians and Surgeons
- 1905 – Member of the original founding staff of the Hospital for Joint Diseases
- Chief of orthopedic surgery at Trinity Hospital, Brooklyn
- Associate professor of orthopedics at PostGraduate Hospital
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery.
- Died 24 January 1975 Tarrytown, N.Y.
Key Medical Attributions:
- Along with E. J. Haboush invented a stabilizing apparatus and operative technique for bone lengthening (1932), anticipating by decades the current widely utilized Ilizarov technique
- Finkelstein H. Stenosing tendovaginitis at the radial styloid process. The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, 1930, 12: 509-540. [PDF]
LITFL Related Links
- Biographical Medical Eponyms – A-Z of eponymous medical pioneers
- Eponymictionary – Searchable Eponymictionary Database
- Medical Eponyms – A-Z of signs, syndromes, diseases and classifications
- Orthopaedic Eponyms – Eponymous orthopedic fractures and classifications
- Cardiac Eponyms – Eponymous cardiology collection