- In 1905 Described post-traumatic knee ossification associated particularly with sports activities (Pellegrini Disease).
- Pioneer in the field of prosthetic limbs.
- In collaboration with Giuliano Vanghetti, he contributed to the application of kinematic prostheses of the upper extremity (kineplasty), enabling the patient to use his muscles to power the prosthesis.
- Born June 26, 1877
- Died 1958
Key Medical Attributions:
- More about medical contributions
- Köhler-Stieda-Pellegrini syndrome (Pellegrini-Stieda disease)
- Pellegrini A. Traumatic calcification of the collateral tibial ligament of the knee joint. Clin Med 1905;11:433–9
- Any gossip
- Porro A, Lorusso L. Augusto Pellegrini (1877-1958): contributions to surgery and prosthetic orthopaedics. J Med Biogr. 2007 May;15(2):68-74. [PMID 17551603]
- Revista Trauma. Epónimos. Trauma Fundación Mapfre Vol. 24 (2013), No. 4 [Full Text]
- Augusto Pellegrini il chirurgo luminare degli arti artificiali [Full Text]
- CIRCOLO CULTURALE [Portrait]
LITFL Related Links
- Biographical Medical Eponyms – A-Z of eponymous medical pioneers
- Eponymictionary – Searchable Eponymictionary Database
- Medical Eponyms – A-Z of signs, syndromes, diseases and classifications
- Orthopaedic Eponyms – Eponymous orthopedic fractures and classifications
- Cardiac Eponyms – Eponymous cardiology collection