- Eponymously associated with Freiberg infraction
- Born 17 August 1868 Cincinnati, Ohio
- 1890 – MD Medical College of Ohio (now the University of Cincinnati Medical School)
- Studied in Wurzburg, Strassburg, Berlin, Paris, Vienna and London during his graduate years
- 1902-1939 Professor of orthopedic surgery at the University of Cincinnati, Ohio
- 1910 – President of the American Orthopedic Association
- 1914-1918 WWI Rank of Major n the U.S. Army Medical corps. Member of the advisory council on orthopedic surgery at Walter Reed Hospital in Washington DC
- Director of orthopedic surgery services at the Cincinnati General, Jewish and Children’s hospitals in Cincinnati
- Chairman of the Professional Advisory Committee on Crippled Children, Ohio.
- Died 14 July 1940 Cincinnati, Ohio
- Freiberg AH. Infraction of the second metatarsal – a typical injury. Transactions of the Southern Surgical and Gynecological Association 1914;26:171-174.
- Freiberg AH. The so-called infraction of the second metatarsal bone. J Bone Joint Surg 1926; 8: 257-61.
LITFL Related Links
- Biographical Medical Eponyms – A-Z of eponymous medical pioneers
- Eponymictionary – Searchable Eponymictionary Database
- Medical Eponyms – A-Z of signs, syndromes, diseases and classifications
- Orthopaedic Eponyms – Eponymous orthopedic fractures and classifications
- Cardiac Eponyms – Eponymous cardiology collection