The technique described uses the Matrix biofilm remover as a detergent.
Bedside Pre Clean
1. With endoscope still attached to the light source -> wipe scope from control head to tip.
2. Place distal tip in detergent solution & aspirate through suction channel –> depress and release suction button rapidly to promote debris dislodgment.
3. Continue aspiration until clean fluid is seen.
4. Remove the suction adaptor valve and place in the detergent solution.
5. Attach the suction cleaning adapter to the instrument channel port and place distal end into the detergent solution and depress the suction button for 30 seconds.
6. The endoscope should be removed from the light source and taken to the cleaning area.
7. Place scope into the allocated scope bucket.
References and Links
Social Media and Web Resources