- Cardiac Resynchronisation Therapy = the restoration of ventricular co-ordination by means of an implanted cardiac resynchronization device.
- biventricular pace maker
- can pace both septal and lateral walls of the left ventricle -> can allow coordination of ventricular ejection.
- one lead – RV
- one lead – fed through coronary sinus to LV
- often have a lead in RA
- coordinated atrial and ventricular function possible
- can also be combined with a pacemaker and AICD
- improved LVEF, Q and haemodynamics
- improved exercise tolerance
- decreased NYHA class
- decreased hospitalisation
- improved quality of life