TechTool review SonoSupport by SonoSupport on iOS
- The design doesn’t set the heather alight but it is clear to read.
- There is so much info on each page and a lot of scrolling – it can become a bit tiresome. And switching between screens seems rather slow.
- It’s more like reading a textbook that looking at an app user interface. However, the images are good quality and the colour scheme works
- Some background info about the scan
- Specifics on where to put the probe and how to orientate it (along with some nice visuals)
- Images of what a normal scan would look like
- Common pitfalls
- Images of abnormal scan findings
- $8.49 – not cheap
Room for Improvement
- It took me a while to realise that you can jump to other sections within each topic – this could be made clearer
- Less scrolling and more dropdown boxes would be better
- Speed up the screen changes
- The app has a great knowledge base for clinical ultrasound teaching, but it falls into the textbook category for me.
- For every app you need to ask - what benefit are we getting from this being in app format? In its current format, I’m not sure why this wouldn’t be equally as great a resource on a website. In fact, wonderful sites like sonospot provide this #FOAMed, so, for me, it’s hard to justify the $8.49 spend