TechTool review of Diagnosia by Diagnosia Internetsevices GmbH on iOS
- The design is reasonable with clear text and a solid colour scheme.
- There is no browse option so when opening the app you are faced with a pretty much blank screen, which is always rather disappointing for a first impression.
- But it works quickly and smoothly and there were never any problems navigating through the app
There is a lot of great content in this app:
- Look up a drug and see a list of the drugs it interacts with along with a quick colour-coded chart of the significance of the interaction
- Read more info about the interaction: degree of evidence; consequences of the interaction; recommendation for us; other more details info about the pharmacology of the drugs and their interactions
- Add a drug interaction to a patient profile
- Link to pubmed references for further reading
- The facility to bookmark a drug does seem to be there, although I couldn’t actually work out how to do this
- First month is free for a trial, but then it’s $13.99 per month. It simply cannot be aimed individual physicians at this price as it is just not worth $168 per year
Room for Improvement
- There is a tab for bookmarks but no clear way to actually add them – (perhaps I’m being daft but…) this needs to be made clearer to the user
- Allow the user to browse through the drugs list (alphabetically, or by type of drug) – it would make it a much nicer experience
- No need to encourage people to add unprotected patient data to the app! It’s a minefield and an unnecessary addition – this function should be removed
- The support website link on iTunes takes you to an error page – absent or dead support links is fast becoming my pet peeve.
- The idea of the app is a good one and would be useful to doctors of all specialties.
- A few simple changes to the app would make a world of a difference for the user.
- But all of this is a bit pointless when it’s priced so high that the majority of us won’t be renewing our subscription after the 30 days free trial is up