TechTool review of PalmEM by PalmER Worldwide LLC on iOS and Android
Last year I reviewed PalmEM’s younger sibling PalmPedi and I really liked it. PalmEM includes the PalmPedi content, and aims to cover everything you might need to know about Emergency Medicine). Is that really possible? It just might be.
Design and User Interface
Simple, clean and lovely. As with any text-based app, it is difficult to make it interesting for the user. But this app does it as best as any I’ve seen. The text is clearly readable with no distractions, but there are a few nice little flourishes. The tab icons and the tables that the text is presented in look great.
And the user interface works a treat. It’s simple, you never get lost and it never crashes. Couldn’t ask for more
- There is so much in here I don’t know where to begin. The app really seems to cover everything.
- It has treatment guidelines, clinical decision rules, drug dosing, and a fabulous paediatric section.
- The sections are detailed enough to be informative, but concise enough to fit into mobile format.
- And the developer of this updates the app regularly with new content.
- Could I enthuse about this any more???
- $20.99 on iPhone
- $19.99 on Android
- Not cheap but is a good investment.
- PalmPedi is only $2.99 so would be a good option if you’re just PEM
Room for Improvement
- It doesn’t type my discharge letters?
- Well, I love this app. It is the most comprehensive ED app I have come across, and unlike most others, the paeds section is wonderful too. PalmEM (along with Drug Doses) are the two medical app on my mobile’s main page. I use it all the time and it is worth the money.
- We have some FREE iOS PROMO CODES to give away.
- To be put in the draw just comment below and suggest a new app for me to review. I’ll keep it open for one week and announce the winners in next week’s TechTool Thursday