TechTool review of CT Scanning in Critical and Emergency Care by Frasford Pty Ltd on iPad
- The app looks great and is so simple and pleasant to use.
- The screens are all clear and the actual scan graphics and accompanying audio are faultless. What more could you ask for?
- Read the case history
- Look through the scan series
- Listen to an audio track explaining the findings (with clear directions on where on the scans the abnormalities are)
- Read through a text based tutorial on understanding the scan and related common abnormal findings
- $9.49 – it’s not cheap for an app but it does have a decent volume of content
Room for Improvement
- Getting it on the iPhone would be a great asset
- It’s a bit heavy on the self-promotion – all the buttons on the bottom take you to more of their products. It’s like being beaten over the head with a promotional baseball bat. A simple ‘About Us’ page would do the job
- Some paediatric CTs would have made me a very happy Paeds ED trainee
- I really enjoyed using this app and it has advanced my adult CT interpretation ability by leaps and bounds.
- It’s an excellent way of providing CT education, and has common ED presentations that ED docs should be expected to recognise.
- A great use of mobile app technology to deliver effective medical education