TechTool review of Read by QxMD Medical Software on iOS (iPad and iPhone)
- The design suits the app. It’s clear and easy to read but has some extra flourishes that make the design aesthetically pleasing (although I did think I had a crack on my screen for several minutes). The user interface works on first glance, but the navigation did confuse me on a few occasions.
- There isn’t simply a button to go back to the main index page (each time you have to choose whether you want to see ‘featured papers’, ‘my journals’, or ‘my collection’. This is a small point but is annoying – every app should have an easy ‘home’ icon.
- Add comments to the articles
- Mark the article as like or dislike (although I’m not sure what happens with this info)
- Mark articles as favourites (can view all favourites together)
- Download the full pdfs to view (some articles are only available in abstract form)
- Share with friends
Room for Improvement
- It would be handy to be able to delete papers from your feeds to avoid clutter
- Some more explanation on how to use the app would help users like me – I feel I am missing out on some of the features. For example, why does every article seem to have a ‘caution alert’ icon in the bottom right corner?
- Add in a simple home icon