TechTool review of Pocket Eye Exam by NOMAD on iOS and Android
- The design is fabulous. It encompasses everything that makes a great mobile app design and UI.
- There are no surprises – everything does exactly what you expect and navigation is intuitive. But the graphics are lovely – clear customized icons and graphics within the app.
- It’s a pleasure to use
The app contains information about common ophthalmic assessments:
- Carry out the tests: Ishihara plates; OKN strip; pupil chart; red desaturation; and visual acuity
- Score the colour blindness test
- Learn about the tests: background; physiological bases; and outcomes and diagnosis
- Guidance on how to actually conduct the tests
- $1.99 on the iPhone, $1.95 on Android – could have been one tier cheaper, but let’s not split hairs
Room for Improvement
- The colour blindness testing has a few design areas for improvement.
- The answer/tally buttons look out of place compared to the rest of the design.
- Finally, I did find scoring the test a bit confusing at first – this could be made more intuitive