TechTool review of Upshot by Clay Smith on iOS (reviewed on iPhone)
Website: – iTunes – Android – Website –
- Nice logo and splashscreen and the navigation works well. I always appreciate customised icons and there are some lovely ones in the ‘category’ page (see screenshot).
- However, in the actual article review pages, some of the graphics aren’t great quality and would benefit from a redesign – but this doesn’t impair the ability to use the app. The top half of the page is a giant graphic of the mark and then a user feedback question so it takes a while to see the actual article review (this could be easily resolved).
- Article summaries – around 20 articles reviewed each month from 50 high-quality journals
- Each article has been critically appraised by a team of professionals and rated on quality and relevance
- The ‘Keeping Up Channel’ shows the user a feed of Keeping Up’s podcasts
- Free – as it’s a work in progress then that’s fair enough
Room for Improvement
- Redesign the graphics and layout of the actual article review pages
- More content on there would be good but it may be difficult to keep up with the volume of work this would require
- Some explanation as to what the ‘Keeping Up Score’ means would help the user understand the articles more