TechTool review of Radiopaedia by Radiopaedia Pty on iOS
Website: Radiopaedia – iTunes
- The design is great – it looks very slick and professional. Once I got the hang of the navigation (lots of sliding involved) it was lovely to use. The images are top quality and that is what makes the app so good.
- In-app purchases cover a wide range of clinical areas (GI, foreign bodies congenital CNS malformations) and one new pack is being added each month
- View the images, read the case history and answer quiz questions
- Read up about the diagnosis afterwards
- There are 4 free cases and then lots of packages that can be purchased in-app. These range in price from $0.99-$4.49.
- It’s not entirely clear how the prices have been decided as prices don’t seem to correlate with the number of cases in the pack
Room for Improvement
- Although it looks like there are only 4 free cases – there are actually 24. The other 20 are hidden amongst the in-app purchases. Why not just bundle them all with the original download?
- Some of the questions are rather obscure. Being able to diagnosis Joubert syndrome from an MRI and no history seems like a high standard to achieve. But on the other hand, I’ve learned something new and I guess that’s the point