TechTool review of Radiopaedia by Radiopaedia Pty on iOS
Radiopaedia is a spin-off app from Radiopaedia.org Quiz Module. It allows the user to work through real-life patient cases and interpret their imaging results to come to a diagnosis. There is a mountain of information in the app if the user wants to learn more
Design and User Interface
- The design is great – it looks very slick and professional. Once I got the hang of the navigation (lots of sliding involved) it was lovely to use. The images are top quality and that is what makes the app so good.
- In-app purchases cover a wide range of clinical areas (GI, foreign bodies congenital CNS malformations) and one new pack is being added each month
- View the images, read the case history and answer quiz questions
- Read up about the diagnosis afterwards
- There are 4 free cases and then lots of packages that can be purchased in-app. These range in price from $0.99-$4.49.
- It’s not entirely clear how the prices have been decided as prices don’t seem to correlate with the number of cases in the pack
Room for Improvement
- Although it looks like there are only 4 free cases – there are actually 24. The other 20 are hidden amongst the in-app purchases. Why not just bundle them all with the original download?
- Some of the questions are rather obscure. Being able to diagnosis Joubert syndrome from an MRI and no history seems like a high standard to achieve. But on the other hand, I’ve learned something new and I guess that’s the point
This is a great app and an excellent resource to have on your mobile. Being able to see high quality radiology images on your iPhone makes the learning experience much more valuable. It is in an easy-to-use format and is the best radiology app I have come across.