TechTool review of SimMonitor by Med-eSim Apps on iOS
Website: SimulationMonitor - iTunes
- Unfortunately the design lets this app down.
- It is not intuitive and requires an explanatory video before you can get started.
- The design isn’t in keeping with Apple’s UI which is why it’s not as easy to use as most iOS apps.
- The good news is that the idea and the content are great. It would be really useful to have this for teaching purposes as there isn’t always time/resources to set up an actual Simulation Monitor. You can set specific ECG patterns (e.g. VF, VT, 1st degree block) and the student decides what to do, including having the options of CPR and defibrillation.
- Sats, BP, HR, BSL, temp, RR, ETCO2 and GCS can also be adjusted on the main screen. Another screen allows you to adjust all the blood results.
- These functions are all semi-useful but detract from the main event, which is the great function to set and activate ECG patterns.
- $2.99 – would be ok if the design was better
Room for Improvement
- It could use a redesign with the Apple UI guidelines in mind
- It would be better without some of the superfluous features so it can focus on being an ECG/resus simulator