The sledging and jostling for positions in the build up to this year’s smaccGOLD SimWars on March 21st 2014 is really starting to heat up!
In the finals, there will be three teams
Each team will have two Jedi Master (expert mentor) coaches to get the best out of the team
A celebrity judging panel will determine who is the most powerful Sim Alliance in the Galaxy…
How to enter
- Form a team. Ideally this should be multidisciplinary. It should contain 3-6 members who will all receive individual credit for their roles.
- Devise a scenario that will be educational as well as entertaining to a critical care audience
- Star Wars theming is optional
- Create a video 2-4 minutes in length
- Upload it here BEFORE January 31st 2014
- Visitors to the SMACC site will see your video and vote if they like it
- The videos will be judged on:
- Educational value
- SMACC factor
- Audience love
- The actual teams for SMACC finals will be decided closer to the main event based on the individual contributions in the video and other wild-card opportunities
Now it is time to introduce the gladiators who have already declared themselves willing and able to enter the smaccGOLD colosseum…
First, of all there is the defending champion from the United Kingdom, an emergency medicine team led by Simon Carley of StEmlyns.
Will they be sent home with their dreams in ashes by a local team? The rural and remote flash mob of Tim Leeuwenburg, Casey Parker, Tamra Hills and Minh Le Cong certainly intend for this to happen. But do they have the team unity to pull it off?…
Especially in the face of other opposition, such as these paramedics with the Force on their side:
Meanwhile, in Perth, Michelle Johnston is showing why she was the worthy recipient of a teaching award from ACEM recently, having assembled this crack team of resucitationists:
And if you’re wondering, will ICU come down to the resus room? You betcha — once Jon Gatward and his crack team from RPA sort out a little tracheostomy problem first…
But, where are the Americans? Will the Europeans come to the SMACC resus room? These questions remain to be answered…
Fortunately, we do have an answer to this question:
Where can you upload your SimWars video entry and enter the smaccGOLD SimWars competition?
The answer is here on the SMACC website, but do it before the impending January 31st deadline (or contact us with your ‘dog ate homework’ story ASAP).