|a.||Describe and interpret his ECG||(50%)|
|b.||Outline the investigations prompted by his ECG||(50%)|
FACEM VAQ Exam 2008.1 – Question 1
- ECG showing showing intermittently paced rhythm with underlying complete heart block.
- The overall pass rate for this question was 49/62 (79.0%).
- The examiners felt that this was an excellent question and prop which tested appropriate knowledge.
- Good answers in part a) described the presence of a pacemaker, underlying high level heart block and intermittent pacemaker failure.
- Satisfactory answers to part b) had to include a discussion of the investigation of a failing pacemaker.
- Poor answers failed to identify the presence of a pacemaker and its intermittent failure.
ACEM Fellowship Visual Aid Questions