The Lancet Informing and Reforming Medicine
The Lancet.com gets a makeover and has relaunched following an extensive review of the readership. Employing ‘development partners’ The Lancet’s new website has essentially been designed ‘with physicians, for physicians’. This new site should reduce the problems with the old site such as repetitive login requests, poor search functionality and slow loading speed
The highlights of the new site features include:
- Clean and crisp interface
- Rapid page loading
- Enhanced multimedia integration with Internet TV, 3D video and podcasts
- Improved search engine with integrated Medline search
- ‘Editors highlights’ – effectively a snapshot overview of each article
- ‘Editors choice’ – top three articles with editorial comments
- Reduced ‘ring fencing’ gaining access to information out-with the journal through the site
Applying the same rigor to developing our new website that we apply to publishing our content, we worked with development partners around the globe. Together we’ve worked hard to create a site where, with a single click, you can easily find articles we’ve published in your field. And to give you even more context, we’ve added unique online-only content such as Editors’ Notes, video and podcasts.
…and there is more to come such as article collections (e.g. cardiology portal); online panels and discussion groups!