Basic investigations can be considered under the major headings of Bedside, Laboratory and Radiology. Use the 5 C’s approach to recognise, understand and manage metabolic disturbances.
- Cause – defining the potential causative events that lead to disruption
- Clinical manifestation – evaluate, recognise and diagnose the problem
- Complications – what can go wrong in the short, medium and long term
- Calculations – Calculate to Obviate
- Corrective measures – Call to action…how do you actually fix the problem!
|Full Blood Picture|