Working on some anatomy teaching sessions today, and I stumbled across the online version of Instant Anatomy – a fantastic website with great illustrations to aid the learning of Human Anatomy with diagrams, podcasts and revision questions.
The material is presented by Dr Robert Whitaker who spent his clinical career as a paediatric urological surgeon. Since retiring 20 years ago he now teaches clinically applied topographical anatomy to first-year medical students at Cambridge University, in the UK. He also teaches clinically applied anatomy to surgical, radiological and other speciality trainees and is an examiner for the MRCS at the English and Edinburgh Colleges of Surgeons.
I already own the Instant Anatomy book and CDROM, but this was the first time I had seen the podcasts and Audio-visual lectures and was impressed. The style is simple, the diagrams highly efficient and the learning experience enjoyable.
- Audio-visual lectures: A few free lectures with images from the textbook and audio overlay. Very simple to use, easy to understand and useful. There are a few free lectures to whet you appetite such as the Parasympathetic Supply of the Head
- MCQ iPhone app: In this application there are 90 “best of five” Multiple Choice Questions from www.instantanatomy.net. Accompanying each question is an explanation of the correct answer presented through one or more diagrams and audio. Check out the iPhone App
- MP3 Anatomy Podcasts: Currently numbers 16-21 are free to download with the rest being available on iTunes or subscribe via RSS
- Facebook page: Keep up to date with the growing number of useful tools…
- Surface Anatomy Booklet: Download a free surface anatomy booklet [Download eBook]