Time to challenge that cerebral cortex and put on those ‘mental’ dancing shoes as we trip the light fantastic of medical trivia, and lift the latch on the cage of the tiger of tease…the Funtabulously, Frivolous Friday Five…
- Children in the penknife posture with swelling of hands, feet, and tips of their noses have been poisoned with what?
- What colour cannot be perceived by the deuteranopsic patient??
- Deutan colour vision deficiencies are by far the most common forms of colour blindness. This subtype of red-green colour blindness is found in about 6% of the male population, mostly in its mild form deuteranomaly
- Who might be afflicted by disease spread by a Tocoloshe?
- Which drug apart from causing limb abnormalities also caused Tetralogy of Fallot??
Who first described the phenomenon of clubbing?
- He is given credit for the first description of clubbing of the fingers, an important diagnostic sign in chronic suppurative lung disease, lung cancerand cyanotic heart disease. For this reason, clubbed fingers are sometimes referred to as “Hippocratic fingers“
…and remember kids…life is simpler being a MAN…