A 35 year old man is brought to your Emergency Department following two seizures.
Describe and interpret his ECG (100%)
FACEM VAQ Exam 2009.1 – Question 7
- The overall pass rate for this question was 52/81 (64.2%)
- ECG showing regular broad complex tachycardia with widened QRS and abnormal terminal R wave in aVR.
- Again the examiners were disappointed with the response to this straight forward question.
- Pass criteria were identifying the abnormalities listed plus considering toxic ingestion (especially Tricyclic Antidepressant Overdose (TCA)) as a cause in this scenario.
- Fail criteria were absence of the above.