International Emergency Medicine Special Interest Group (IEMSIG) of ACEM
The International Emergency Medicine Special Interest Group (IEMSIG) was established in 2004 at the ICEM in Cairns with Chris Curry being appointed Foundation Chair by ACEM Council. Gerard O’Reilly took over as Chair in 2009, with Chris Curry continuing as Editor of the IEMSIG Newsletter and as Honorary Secretary. Many Fellows and Trainees of the College are contributors to IEM activities and to the IEMSIG Newsletter.
The main aims of the IEMSIG are to:
- foster EM development, especially in developing countries
- develop linkages with EM providers globally, especially in developing countries
- serve as a repository of IEM news and information
- cultivate IEM opportunities for College members
- advocate IEM issues within the College