- QRS axis between + 90 and + 180 degrees
How to recognise right axis deviation
- QRS is positive (dominant R wave) in leads III and aVF
- QRS is negative (dominant S wave) in leads I and aVL
- Axis diagram reproduced from David C Chung’s ‘ECG: A Pictorial Primer’.
- Harrigan RA, Jones K. ABC of clinical electrocardiography. Conditions affecting the right side of the heart. BMJ. 2002 May 18;324(7347):1201-4. Review. [PMID: 12016190]
- Mattu A, Brady W. ECGs for the Emergency Physician 2, BMJ Books 2008.
- Wagner, GS. Marriott’s Practical Electrocardiography (11th edition), Lippincott Williams & Wilkins 2007.