Our ECG library is a comprehensive, free educational resource covering over 100 ECG topics relevant to Emergency Medicine and Critical Care.
Originally conceived back in 2010 as a learning tool for Emergency Medicine trainees, it is now widely used by clinicians of multiple specialties (EM, cardiology, ICU, internal medicine) and disciplines (doctors, nurses, paramedics) to assist with ECG interpretation, teaching and exam preparation.
- A to Z diagnosis list containing examples of every ECG diagnosis we could think of, along with some clinical pearls and tips for interpretation.
- An explanation of some basic terminology and principles in the ECG Basics section.
- A variety of ECG clinical cases to test your interpretation skills.
- Links to some of the best ECG resources out there for ongoing learning.
All our ECGs are free to reproduce for educational purposes, provided:
- The image is credited to www.lifeinthefastlane.com.
- The teaching activity is on a not-for-profit basis.
- The image is not otherwise labelled as belonging to a third party.
We welcome constructive feedback and input from experts in the field, so please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any:
- High quality ECG examples or interesting cases to contribute.
- Suggestions for new topics to include.
- Suggestions for ways to improve or update the content of current topics.
We hope you find it useful!
ECG Library Content
- ECG BASICS — Waves, Intervals, Segments and Clinical Interpretation
- ECG A to Z by diagnosis —Alphabetical diagnostic approach to the ECG
- ECG CLINICAL CASES — ECG’s placed in clinical context with a challenging Q&A approach
- ECG Reference SITES and BOOKS — the best of the rest
- LITFL ECG IMAGE Database — Searchable database of LITFL ECG’s
- ECG and Cardiology Eponymous Syndromes — Cheats guide to eponymous emancipation
- ECG Academy — The free videos from Dr Nick Tullo ECGAcademy.com
- The Art of infarct localisation
- ECG Exam Template — a framework for answering ECG exam questions.