Authors: Lindsay Murray, Frank Daly, Mark Little, Mike Cadogan
The new edition of this all-encompassing toxicology reference describes the risk assessment-based approach pioneered by its principal authors. The Toxicology Handbookis written for hospital-based doctors at all levels and is divided into six sections, including an approach to the poisoned patient, specific toxins, antidotes, toxinology and antivenom.
New for the second edition:.
- all chapters and references reviewed and updated
- a major review of snake bite management and snake antivenoms in light of new evidence
- new chapters on mushroom poisoning, plant poisoning, amphetamine abuse and solvent abuse
- new chapters on poisoning with newer anticonvulsant drugs, barbiturates, button batteries, chloral hydrate, local anaesthetic agents, quinine and tramadol
- a new antidote chapter on intravenous lipid emulsion
|Black Snake||Brown Snake||Death Adder||Tiger Snake||Taipan|
|Sea Snake||Australian Scorpions||Bluebottle Jellyfish||Stonefish||Box Jellyfish|
|Irukandji Syndrome||Blue-Ringed Octopus||RedBack Spider||Funnnel-Web Spider||Ticks|