Anterior Eye Disease and Therapeutics A-Z 2e
- Adrian Bruce BScOptom, PhD, FAAO [Senior Optometrist, Victorian College of Optometry, University of Melbourne, Australia]
- Michael Loughnan MBBS (Hons), FRANZCO, PhD [Senior Staff Specialist, Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, Victoria, Australia]
This quick reference guide will appeal to both the primary and specialist eye-care clinician who requires a succinct description of anterior eye conditions with the extra information needed to confirm diagnosis, consider additional differential diagnoses and/or alternatives for therapy – Elsevier
It is sometimes with trepidation that I tear away the anonymous brown cover concealing a furtive tome sent for review…
However, having read this awesome text (twice), I attest that in this case…my fears were unjust.
I am not alone in having been sadly deplete of a comprehensive, simple all-inclusive ophthalmology text to assist with diagnosis and management of emergency eye presentations. This had always been a poorly defined area of my medical education – despite encountering eye conditions on a daily basis. Most emergency medicine texts provide an ‘eye chapter’ for completeness, but rarely does space allow for a comprehensive, well illustrated guide for the non-ophthalmology specialist…
If you are looking for a compact, highly illustrated and didactic A-Z manual of anterior eye conditions to aid in diagnosis and management – then look no further. This second edition has been completely revamped and updated with numerous additions including
- 165 conditions including 7 new conditions – New!
- 12 easy to use Condition classification indexes to assist with differential diagnoses
- Video footage of eye movements and surgical procedures
- 500 self test questions
- Online image bank
- Full colour clinical photographs of each condition
My advice – buy this book and use in conjunction with the Ophthalmology Befuddler series by our very own Chris Nickson