A quick heads up about this year’s not-for-profit Bedside Critical Care conference in Cairns.
Last year’s conference was great — I got to invite people to come join the FOAM party using one of my favourite medical stories (together with plenty of slides of phallic vegetables, of course), as well give a heap of tox talks and workshops over 5 days. Sadly, I won’t be there this year, but there will be even better people there instead!
This is what is happening in Cairns, north Queensland from September 23rd to 27th 2013 at Shangri La on the marina:
- high impact clinical update talks are mixed with hands on, interactive clinical workshops
- day 1 is a free registrars’ day — trainees would be stupid not to go!
- it is the most family friendly academic meeting there is, it doesn’t use up a weekend, the days are short (so you’ll actually have a chance to remember stuff!) and it is during the school holidays
This year’s themes include:
- Critical Care Radiology
- Airway Emergencies
- Advanced Hemodynamic Monitoring & support
- Renal Replacement Therapy
- Ultrasound / Echo
Check out the program here, it is packed with good stuff. Register here. The whole thing is organised by my SMACC co-conspirator Roger Harris and backed up by the IntensivecareNetwork.com. If you’re planning to go, remember to book early so you don’t miss out accommodation during the holidays.
Have fun getting meducated!