Scott Weingart recently had to deal with an incident on EMCrit. A listener posted a comment that was critical of a person who appeared on the podcast (or at least the listeners impression of him) rather than concentrating on the facts and opinions expressed in the podcast itself. Scott has followed this up with an explanation of his policy on blog comments. He emphasises the need for freedom of speech and the need for non-anonymity. I think his policy is a good one — listen to it here.
It seems that this whole incident has created quite a furore. Indeed, there are people out there that hope the perpetrators of such ad hominem attacks will soon have their Downfalls…
Of course, this video was submitted to us anonymously… But we strongly suspect the involvement of at least one F.UCEM.
Related links that may explain some of the references in the video:
- EMCrit Wee – On Editing Comments and Ad Hominem Attacks
- EMCrit Podcast 69 – The Future of CPR with Keith Lurie and Demetris Yannopoulos
- EMCrit Wee – Cliff Reid’s Tips for Occasional Intubators
- ERCAST Cardiac Arrest (podcast featuring Rob Orman and Scott Weingart)
- LITFL — FFFF 056 (Q4 concerns “20 inches”)
- LITFL — Downstairs Patients, Upstairs!
- MedEDMasters — Rob Rogers discusses “LifeintheFastLane.com”
- ZDoggMD — The Confrontation!