ResusTV is a new Australian based emergency medicine video podcast out on the market. Resus TV was developed and created by Aussie emergency physician Dr Peter Kas, who wanted to create and produce a video education site to showcase the talents of some of Australia leading educators and clinicians in emergency medicine. ResusTV brings you quality emergency medicine videos from a variety of conference and course’s run throughout Australia.
ResusTV was set up as a means of getting emergency education to doctors and nurses globally. It is a new form of teaching where you learn at your pace, by watching an ever-growing range of video lectures. You can be sitting at home or on a beach, in a library, or in your study. It can be 5am or 11pm. The key is, you have the freedom to learn what you want and when you want it. The latest, the most up to date information, from great speakers.
This is entertainment and education in one. With this approach of short lecture bursts, learning can be fun! Yes fun!
Life in the Fast Lane caught up with Dr Peter Kas, to find out about how Resus TV actually came about;
It initially grew from the lectures on resus.com.au and videos I had created on youtube. These were a result of realising the fact that we need to move forward in terms of education, to more exciting mediums, more exciting speakers and really introduce ‘education’- a mixture of education and entertainment- the old boring classroom days where a lecturer stands at the podium and tries to keep 250 people awake are gone!
It was also understood that there was a significant need to deliver education to rural and remote areas in our country, as well as to new areas in the Asia-Pacific region. This was brought home strongly after I did a mission to India and China, and after getting a better understanding of the increasing needs of our own Australian rural areas.
Resustv, now has a large variety of lectures, including many of our successful workshops and conferences. The aim was to give people great value and a huge variety. I teach my registrars to watch 2-3 video’s a week, with a coffee when they get up in the morning. It sometimes is the best way to learn and certainly the best way to get you motivated, to do more.
Course and Workshops run by resus.com.au and Dr Peter Kas include:
- Resus 2010: unfortunately it’s been for this year, however stay tuned for next year for this 2 day conference covering everything you need to know to look after the critically ill patient.
- The Advanced Airway Course: already ready attended by over 1000 health professionals in 2 years, covers from basic, to the more advanced in airway management techniques.
- The Procedures Workshop: covers everything procedural from vascular access, chest drains, to lumbar punctures and joint aspirations.
- The Airway, CPR and Trauma Workshop: covers everything from airway management, resuscitation concepts, and managing the trauma patient.
- The Minutes to Mastery Series: is a video podcast where Dr Kas gives a synopsis on clinical area, and summaries the important facts in around 5 minutes.
- The Kamikaze Fellowship Course is a course held to prepare trainees to site their fellowship exams.
If your unable to attend a course don’t worry majority are recorded as a podcast and can be accessed on by subscription on ResusTV, so you can watch them in your own time, in the luxury of your own home, iPhone or even iPad.
And stay tuned 2 new exciting courses on the horizon:
- The Cardiac Course
- Total Emergency Medicine Course
ResusTV can be subscribed to from around a dollar a day for a years subscription, follow one the links below to check the site out further, and sign up and make you’re continuing medical education easier.