A 49 year old woman presents to your emergency department with central chest pain.
a. Describe and interpret her ECG (50%) b. Outline your disposition considerations (50%)
FACEM VAQ Exam 2007.1 – Question 7
- Overall pass rate for this question was 32/55 (58.2%).
- ECG showed widespread T wave inversion, concave up ST elevation and PR depression inviting in this clinical context a discussion re a number of differentials.
- This was viewed as a difficult but relevant ECG which was satisfactorily interpreted by most candidates.
- The discussion re echocardiography was generally superficial and was the major reason for poor scores.
- Further controversial analysis of the ECG