A 54 year old man presents with one hour of severe central chest pain.
His 12 lead ECG is shown, with three additional right-sided praecordial leads.
a. Describe and interpret her ECG (50%) b. Outline your treatment of his hypotension. (50%)
FACEM VAQ Exam 2007.1 – Question 1
- The overall pass rate for this question was 38/55 (69.1%).
- ECG showed changes of Infero-postero-lateral AMI
- This question was regarded as highly discriminative by the examiners.
- Good answers provided a systematic approach to the ECG and a good discussion of fluid loading and re-perfusion strategies.
- Failed responses to adequately interpret the ECG and /or mention re-perfusion.