a. Describe and interpret her ECG (50%) b. Outline your management (50%)
FACEM VAQ Exam 2007.2 – Question 1
- The overall pass rate for this question was 32/77 (41.6%).
- ECG showed Atrial Fibrillation with ST/T changes and a non specific interventricular conduction defect.
- The examiners felt that this was an appropriate standard ECG with multiple abnormalities.
- The management question was also thought relevant. Time may have been an issue with the interpretation of a complex ECG plus a number of management options.
- Candidates who did not pass this question erroneously or incompletely analysed the ECG or suggested inappropriate management strategies such as cardioversion or use of Beta Blockers or Nitrates.