A 50 year old man presents with shortness of breath and sharp central chest pain of 24 hours duration.
He has no past medical history and is on no medication.
Describe and interpret his ECG (100%)
FACEM VAQ Exam 2008.2 – Question 6
- ECG showing narrow complex tachycardia with electrical alternans.
- The overall pass rate for this question was 46/81 (56.8%).
- Both examiners felt that this was a good question, poorly answered by many candidates.
- High level answers showed a structured approach to ECG interpretation and stated conclusions within the clinical context.
- Poor answers failed to calculate rate, identify alternans or interpret within context.