A day of numbers 12 12 12
Every so often the data entry and Google doc spreadsheet updates becomes too tedious to handle, and I get carried away with numbers and statistics. No specific numbers, just the facile, random and obtuse numbers…so I thought I would share some random arithmetic.
The world is getting smaller as #FOAMed is getting bigger
The net effect of FOAM has taken me quite by surprise. Despite a complete lack of evidence, peer review, mission statements OR Big Pharma backing – the FOAMed revolution continues to infiltrate the psyche of the everyday healthcare professional. The ability to intelligently review, discuss and develop hypotheses, guidelines and issues; the sense of community; the sense of rebellious augmented learning and the joy of independence is rife…and contagious.
- There are now an amazing 179 EMCC blogs (…sorry make that 180 with the new arrival of BoringEM)
- The first 110 blogs have been added to FOAMEM.com an awesome new site which pulls fresh educational feeds from all the EMCC resources! [Subscribe for a daily updates of EVERY new post]
- Bloggers write from 21 different countries: Australia, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Czech republic, France, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latin America, Malaysia, New Zealand, Poland, Puerto Rico, Scandinavia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, the UK and the USA
- GMEP – ‘the Facebook of Medicine’ has just welcomed it’s 800th new member, 2 weeks after launch. Of the 7634 Universities in the world the first 32 now have a GMEP affiliate member
- #FOAMed: An amazing 336 FOAM fanatic healthcare professionals support the FOAM concept enough to display it on their Twitter profile page!
- FOAM fans live in 33 different countries round the globe including: Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Egypt, England, France, Germany, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Mexico, N Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, United States and Wales